Monday 25 October 2010

My Postman and all that Junk Mail

Well it being my birthday today, I certainly had my eye on the letter box to help the postie get all those cards through to me. It's new and very stiff and I didn't want him to spend so much time on the other side and therefore making him late.

The red van draw up outside and I heard the front gate squeak as it was opened. I didn't actual go to the door as I still had my dressing gown on and wouldn't want to upset him for the rest of the day. I could hear the mail pouring through and waited for him to depart away from the glass door, as usual no second squeak on the gate as he hasn't yet grasped the idea of closing it yet.

Eagerly pick up my spoils there in front of me were 3 Domino's Pizza leaflets, 2 Stressless Comfort Studio Chair leaflets and a couple of Hearing Aids offers. Not one birthday card and even Sainsburys have deserted me this year with no free box of chocolate, obviously someone must has tipped them off about my diet.

I'm now beginning to wonder if my new extension to the front of my house was definately a bad idea, the door with new letterbox is only one stride from the pavement and the easiest place for the postie to deposit a large quantity of junk mail, but why 3 or 4 copies of the same thing.

A little dejected I sat down in front of my PC to find that I had 23 birthday wishes on Facebook, 1 video call from my best friend to wish me a happy birthday, it's ok she has a strong stomach and can put up with the dressing gown, followed by 2 text messages on my mobile phone.

Just goes to show how times have changed, not sure about Sainsburys though.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds exciting!! A squeaky gate, red postal van, and lots of junk mail.
    And that dressing gown.... Photos?? ;)

    ReplyDelete